Unity offers practical, spiritual teachings that empower abundant and meaningful living. We teach the effective, daily application of the principles of Truth taught and exemplified by Jesus Christ and other great spiritual teachers, and also found in the world’s wisdom traditions. While our primary textbook is the Bible, we find profound and universal truths in the sacred scriptures of all spiritual traditions. We also find inspiration in the writings and teachings of Unity’s co-founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore. Unity promotes a way of life that leads to health, prosperity, happiness, and peace of mind.
Unity has established centers of study and worship throughout the world where people discover and practice the spiritual ideas that we teach. We address physical, mental, and emotional needs through affirmative prayer and spiritual education. We serve those who seek inspiration and prayer support as well as those who use Unity teachings as their primary path of spiritual growth.
We believe that all people are created with sacred worth, and we strive to reach out to all who seek support and spiritual growth. Therefore, we recognize the importance of serving all people in spiritually and emotionally caring ways. Our ministries and outreaches are free of discrimination on the basis of race, gender, gender identity, age, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical disability, and sexual orientation.
What are Unity's Basic Teachings?
We encourage you to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation. The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
Learn More About Unity
Learn more by exploring these Unity websites: