Self Care Class – Session 2
February 27 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Self-Care for Body, Mind and Soul
A Spiritual Education & Enrichment Class
With Rev. Sandy Boyer, Sr. Minister, Unity of Hagerstown
Two Consecutive Weekends
Friday February 26th 7-9 pm & Saturday February 27th 10 am to 1 pm
Friday March 5th 7-9 pm & Saturday March 6th 10 am to 1 pm
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE
Self-care involves making choices that reflect a consciousness of well-being. And let’s face it – this past year has had its challenges. Even now, as we face a surge in the pandemic, we may feel a need to establish or deepen our self-care practices.
When we take care of our mind, body and spirit, we are better able to be the best version of ourselves, and to consciously make contributions to our family, our communities and our world. This course will provide guidelines and action plans for instilling practices of self-care in the areas of awareness, mindfulness, setting boundaries, letting go, forgiveness and self-love.
Some of the topics covered are:
* Recognizing and self-correcting old patterns and unhealthy choices
* Using thoughts and words wisely
* Incorporating self-compassion and self-care techniques to soothe and support movement through difficult
challenges and circumstances
* Building self-awareness
* Sharing and applying self-care practices in daily life
* Identifying and establishing useful techniques for times of stress and chaos
All meetings will be on Zoom. Course fee is $75 per person. For those wanting to take this class for 10 SEE credits, there is an additional administrative fee payable to Unity Worldwide Ministries of $45.* Let’s learn to make healthy choices and shift energy in healthy and life-enhancing ways.
* For those taking the class for SEE credit, required reading is as follows: Pocket Peace: Effective Practices for Enlightened Living, by Allan Lokos, Inner Peace for Busy People: 52 Simple Strategies for Transforming Your Life, by Joan Borysenko
ABOUT REV. SANDY BOYER
Rev. Sandy is the pioneering minister for Unity of Hagerstown, MD, which she started in 2007. She was certified as a Prayer Chaplain in 2005, Licensed Unity Teacher in 2006, ordained as an Interfaith Minister in 2009 and became an Ordained Minister through Unity Urban Ministerial School in 2015. Sandy is an adjunct faculty member for Unity Urban Ministerial School and serves with the Interfaith Coalition of Washington County and is on the Advisory Board for the Church of the Wild-Two Rivers, (an outdoor monthly gathering to commune with the sacred found in nature), as well as the Unity Worldwide Eastern Region Board of Trustees. A longtime student of A Course in Miracles, Sandy has learned that teaching is the best way to learn, and loving is the best way to live. Her life’s joy is sharing Spirit’s Love through laughter, friendship and through service.